Join me on a WendyCity tour. Serious history. Retro fun.
WendyCity walking tours are $50 per person. Reserve your place with links below.
To arrange a private tour or if you have any questions at all: call*text*email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, 312-810-6609
The Walking Tours:
- Mag Mile in the Morning: Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays at 7:30 am. Discover the Magnificent Mile’s surprising story and learn about some of the city’s most iconic skyscrapers, exotic private clubs, and historic hotels. Best seen in the morning in the relative quiet before the stores open. We saunter up the Avenue with coffee or tea in hand and take in the sights. You will see this famous Chicago street in an entirely new way. For more details and information.
- The Chicago Experience: The Loop (A.M.): Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays at 8:00 am. Organically inspired and lovingly crafted, this is a rich and varied experience of Chicago, all while on a morning walk in the Loop. Leisurely, not rushed, with a 8:00 a.m. gather for coffee/tea (included), start walking at 8:15 am, and end at 10:15 am. A rich way to start your Chicago day. For more details and information and to reserve your place.
- The Roaring 20s: Art Deco & Decadence: Saturdays at 6:00 pm. The Roaring 20s come alive on this unique walking tour. Not only do we explore some of the most elegant architecture in the world, we immerse ourselves in the time of Prohibition, speakeasies, gangsters, flappers, the automobile, talkies and more. For more details and information.
- 1950s in the Loop: Thursdays at 6:00 pm. We begin in Chicago’s Theater District, exploring what going out in Chicago meant in the mid-twentieth century. Then it’s on to the two venues my guests love so much: The Berghoff with its quirky history and excellent beer and, finally, the great Palmer House Hotel. There we luxuriate in the grand lobby while enjoying classic drinks, appetizers, and/or dessert, all the while feasting on the fascinating story of the hotel and its royal couple, Potter and Bertha Palmer. We focus on the world-famous Empire Room nightclub that hosted the biggest names in entertainment from the 1930s-1970s. For more details and information.
- 1960s in the Gold Coast: Wednesdays at 6:00 pm. It was all here – everything from elegant to swanky to sexy – relive the swinging 1960s in the Gold Coast’s Drake Hotel, Playboy Club, Rush Street and finishing at the famous Pump Room for a cocktail amidst the stars. For more details and information.